dev@ws-test-harness.java.net

Re: e2e test harness -- now with better error output!

From: Ken Hofsass <Kenneth.Hofsass_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:13:29 -0700

Fabian,

Fabian Ritzmann wrote:

> [java] Caused by: java.io.IOException: No such file:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/lib/tools.jar
> [java] at com.sun.xml.ws.test.Realm.addJar(Realm.java:68)
> [java] at com.sun.xml.ws.test.Main.fillWorld(Main.java:305

> The path in the java.io.IOException is indeed wrong and does not
> correspond to what my JAVA_HOME env variable is set to.

All the harness is doing to derive that path is to call
System.getProperty(java.home) and append 'lib/tools.jar' and that
section of code hasn't changed with recent file changes. Any idea where
it could be finding that value?

> One other thing is that the Ant build should not report a successful
> build in that case. You should probably set failonerror="true" when
> invoking java in the run-tests macro.

I agree the fact that it says "successful" is misleading. However, we
don't generally want the test run to quit when one test fails/errors.
Rather, we want to get the full set of results. Maybe there's a way to
tell ant just to keep its fat mouth shut about 'success'. Or am I
missing your point?

> And it would be good to reformat the build file, looks like some tabs
> and inconsistent indenting sneaked in there.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll work on cleaning it up.

Ken