dev@ws-test-harness.java.net

Re: Updated the harness to support the sts

From: Ken Hofsass <Kenneth.Hofsass_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:52:44 -0700

Kohsuke,

>> If I remember correctly, Bobby had another requirement that he needed
>> to deploy a servlet that he uses to emulate a bogus response.
>
> Yep, that's the way the tests were written. If we start using the
> runtime transports at tool time, then your suggestion of just having a
> pipe the sends the responses would work. Or a jax-ws handler could
> probably do it, but there are two pesky details. One is the
> http-dependent part of the mex spec, and the other is that I need to
> be able to deploy a service that will not answer ?wsdl requests in
> order to make sure wsimport isn't succeeding to get the metadata when
> mex is broken.

Maybe the following idea is what you (Kohsuke & Bobby) were thinking of
already... but for some reason I was thiking Bobby wanted to deploy a
standalone servlet. The idea below might be simpler than that option.
Or might not. :-)

Would it be possible to add a hook/flag to the JAX-WS infrastructure
that would support enabling/disabling response to "?wsdl", maybe for
just a given endpoint. Then a given test-service could have an
attribute flag on it's descriptor element. Somehow, magically, that
information gets passed to the container... and then the service simply
ignores or errors requests for ?wsdl

comments?

Ken