users@woodstock.java.net

Re: No news = bad news ?

From: jsr <j-nabble_at_ragtop.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 07:18:43 -0700 (PDT)

I’m using the Woodstock team’s silence as an excuse to finally get rid of
both them and VWP.

It has become painfully obvious that Project Woodstock, just like VWP, was
designed as a proof of concept and not for use with production applications.
This started becoming more evident when they decided to switch everything to
use client side rendering even though performance was hideous. This approach
works fine if you are just doing a small page with a couple of text fields,
but a large production application is a different story. Their lack of
communication about the status of the project is just the latest sign that
they don’t intend on their components being seriously used in a production
environment.

If I were you guys, I would be running away from Woodstock as fast as I
could. Even if the project miraculously comes back to life, they’ve already
shown that at any moment it could die again leaving everyone stuck using an
unsupported set of components.