users@woodstock.java.net

Rendering issue with Netbeans and Firefox

From: Outar, Rob-P63430 <Robin.Outar_at_gdc4s.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:40:20 -0400

Very new at using JSF, in fact I am using it from Netbeans 6.1. Once I
create the pages using the visual designer, in IE, for the most part
they look as they were designed, however when I view them in Firefox,
listbox seems to be the original size and spacing between components, a
button in particular, is larger than IE. Not sure how to fix this, any
help appreciated.

After reading the Netbeans site I saw this:

# Issue #95022: Resizing of textfield and other components does not
work.

have been removed from the following Woodstock components: TextField,
TextArea,PasswordField, DropDown and ListBox. This issue impacts
especially projects imported from Java Studio Creator and NetBeans
Visual Web Pack 5.5/5.5.1. Resized components may look different from
how they looked in previous releases.

Workaround: For TextField and TextArea components, use the columns and
rows attributes, respectively. DropDown and ListBox components are
automatically resized to the size of the longest item by the browser.

Does the above explain why the listbox does not show up as the size I
set in the designer?

Thanks,

Rob