users@woodstock.java.net

Re: some components don't render under 4.1.1

From: Kenneth Suter <Kenneth.Suter_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:24:47 -0600

I added debug='true' to the head tag. No errors in Firefox's Error Console.

In Firebug, the Console and Net tabs shows 2 requests
(/theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme/javascript_uncompressed/theme/nls/en/suntheme.jsnls/en/suntheme.js,
and
/theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme/javascript_uncompressed/theme/nls/en-us/suntheme.js)
that return 404 errors. Additionally Firebug's Net tab shows an
additional request to /theme/META-INF/com_sun_faces_ajax-max.js that
also returns a 404 error. However all 3 of these errors show up on both
the working (4.1) and non-working (4.1.1) implementations so I'm not
sure if they would be relevant to this problem in particular.

The HTML tab for the working (4.1) version shows that the span tags were
correctly added for label components whereas they do not exist in the
non-working (4.1.1) version.

I noticed that the inline Javascript is different for the working and
non-working versions although I suppose this is a result of the dojo
library change. At any rate the DOM is never updated with the UI
components.

-Kenneth