users@woodstock.java.net

Re: some components don't render under 4.1.1

From: Dan Labrecque <Dan.Labrecque_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:55:08 -0500

Kenneth Suter wrote:
> I added debug='true' to the head tag. No errors in Firefox's Error
> Console.
>
> In Firebug, the Console and Net tabs shows 2 requests
> (/theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme/javascript_uncompressed/theme/nls/en/suntheme.jsnls/en/suntheme.js,
> and
> /theme/com/sun/webui/jsf/suntheme/javascript_uncompressed/theme/nls/en-us/suntheme.js)
> that return 404 errors. Additionally Firebug's Net tab shows an
> additional request to /theme/META-INF/com_sun_faces_ajax-max.js that
> also returns a 404 error. However all 3 of these errors show up on
> both the working (4.1) and non-working (4.1.1) implementations so I'm
> not sure if they would be relevant to this problem in particular.

You can ignore the 404 warnings. The requests are an attempt to obtain
locale variants and warnings are expected. This is Dojo's convention for

> The HTML tab for the working (4.1) version shows that the span tags
> were correctly added for label components whereas they do not exist in
> the non-working (4.1.1) version.
>
> I noticed that the inline Javascript is different for the working and
> non-working versions although I suppose this is a result of the dojo
> library change. At any rate the DOM is never updated with the UI
> components.

Right. The underlying JavaScript changed due to Dojo 1.0. Although, I
don't have enough information to tell you what is wrong. Is it possible
to forward a pointer to your app? If not, can you send me the rendered
HTML page?

Dan