users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Woodstock Performance

From: Dan Labrecque <Dan.Labrecque_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:03:09 -0400

FYI, a couple things that may help:

1. Turn off Ajax functionality. In the nightly build (or wait until
build #15), we've added a couple new tag attributes for the head tag. If
you set webuiJsfx=false, we will exclude JavaScript to enable Ajax
features. This also excludes JavaScript for JSF Extensions.

2. Themed image maps. Again, in the nightly or build #15, theme images
will use an image map. This effectively reduces the number of image
requests made by Woodstock to just one.

If you care to learn more about the performance improvements we've made
for build #14, and what is planned for build #15, please read the thread
below.

https://woodstock.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectForumMessageView?forumID=2879&messageID=21687

Thanks,
Dan