users@woodstock.java.net

Heads up: Dojo .9

From: Dan Labrecque <Dan.Labrecque_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:46:13 -0400

There seems to be some expectation that Dojo .9 would be introduced for
build #13 (September 28th). Although that's what I was shooting for, we
have to defer this for the following build. I'm still testing, but
seeing significant improvement in download speeds. This improvement is
mainly due to the reduced number of JavaScript requests made by Dojo.
However, we plan to increase performance even further by reducing the
number of requests for our own JavaScript. There is also some image
mapping in the works to reduce the number of themed image requests.

Dan