users@tyrus.java.net

Expected response to OPTIONS request

From: Gerard Davison <gerard.davison_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 13:53:22 +0100

Hi,

So I was playing about with a simple Web Socket endpoint deployed to a a local Grizzyly container using the following code:

            Server server = new Server("localhost", 8025, "/", EchoBean.class);
            server.start();

As an experiment I tried to do an OPTIONS request on the http://localhost:8025/echo but I got 404 returned, I am not sure what I was expecting but not that.

What would be a reasonable response? The reason I am asking is that it would be really nice if client tooling could ask a question and be able to identify a Web Socket resource without trying to connect. I am not aware of a header pair such as TE/transfer-encoding for Upgrade perhaps I am just missing it in the RFC.

Thanks,

Gerard