users@tyrus.java.net

Returning 404 rather than 101 when /resource name/ doesn't exist

From: Gerard Davison <gerard.davison_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 16:53:09 +0100

Hi,

I section 4.3 of the JSR 356 spec there is an example of using a @PathParam to map part of the path to a parameter, although I note there isn't an @QueryParam to match, but as per RFC 6455 4.2.2. it should be possible to return a 404 status code without initiating a WebSocket interchange.

I can't find an obvious code path to do this as presumable onOpen is too late as a message has already been send down the connection. Is there a -RS like request filter available so we can intercept this?

Thanks,

Gerard