users@shoal.java.net

Difference between the projects Shoal and Rio

From: Marco Balzter <marco.balzter_at_rmcan.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:16:40 +0100

Hello,

i posted this message to the users_at_rio.dev.java.net Mailing list
but didn't get an answer yet.

We are developing a distributed and scalable Java application with
components hosted on several Application Servers.
Rigt now I'm in the process of evaluating frameworks which can help
us in the process of dynamically register/unregister components,
lookup services and all kinds of managing the deployed components.
I stumbled across the Rio and the Shoal Framework which are both java.net projects.
The difference between these frameworks seems to be the underlying
technology (Jini for Rio and JXTA for Shoal).
Do these two projects provide fairly the same solutions with different
technologies or do i miss the big point?

I hope this is the appropiate forum for my request.
Thanks.

RM MICHAELIDES
SOFTWARE & ELEKTRONIK GMBH

Marco Balzter
IT Development (IT/DEV)

Donaustrasse 14
D-36043 Fulda, Germany
Phone +49 (0) 661 9490-151
Fax +49 (0) 661 9490-333

www.rmcan.com
marco.balzter_at_rmcan.com

E-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this E-mail and you are not a named addressee, please inform the sender immediately by E-mail and then delete this E-mail from your system. If you are not a named addressee, you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy or print this E-mail. Addressees should scan this E-mail and any attachments for viruses. No representation or warranty is made as to the absence of viruses in this email or any of its attachments.

AKTUELLES

RM Michaelides erstmalig auf der Messe ProMAT in Chicago.

Kommen Sie uns vom 08. - 11. Januar am Stand 116 besuchen. Wir freuen uns auf Sie!

NEWS

RM Michaelides is exhibiting for the first time at ProMAT in Chicago.

Come and visit us from January 8 - 11 at Booth 11t. We look forward to seeing you there!

rmbottom.gif
(image/gif attachment: rmbottom.gif)

rm_logo.gif
(image/gif attachment: rm_logo.gif)