jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: [73-getMapping] PROPOSAL

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 13:38:18 -0800

MT> The only difference I have found is that Tomcat's implementation has an
MT> an explicit MappingMatch.UNKNOWN whereas the spec version doesn't.

MT> I think there is merit is using an explicit value for UNKNOWN. I think
MT> it makes the code using it easier to read.

I have merged the feature from the SERVLET_SPEC-73 branch to the API
trunk. Mark, I removed MappingMatch.UNKNOWN because I was unable to
come up with a satisfactory answer to the following question: Under what
circumstances will MappingMatch.UNKNOWN be returned as the value of
getMappingMatch()?

Now, if you feel that having MappingMatch.UNKNOWN for the sole purpose
of returning it from the default implementation is sufficient reason, we
can consider it, but I'd like to know why you think it's necessary.

Thanks,

Ed