jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: HIGH PRIORITY: Re: Re: Re: Re: Servlet 4.0 and ALPN

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_webtide.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 08:32:17 +1100

On 26 October 2016 at 02:14, Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com> wrote:

> Be that as it may, I have been unable to persuade Vincent that an API
> modification is needed.

That is most disappointing.

IS there a test implementation that uses the new APIs to implement ALPN
that disproved the criticisms that we have made? If so - great we were
wrong. If not, then I really think the API needs more testing before it
is finalized!

The SslEngine change we suggested is small - almost trivial and would
significantly simplify implementation and efficiency. Without it, I
suspect that most implementations will ultimately not be compliant with the
specifications.

> At this point I recommend we accept the present
> API and proceed with the next phase: having a conference call with the
> interested stakeholders to help define the API for the backport.

I'm available for all the times listed and I have forwarded the invitation
to Simone Bordet

regards

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com