jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: RFC7239 support

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_webtide.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 11:07:32 +1000

Note also that in this conversation, we should at least mention the proxy
protocol <http://www.haproxy.org/download/1.5/doc/proxy-protocol.txt> as
used by haproxy, AWS load balancer and supported by several servers.

It does not use headers, so is transparent to the servlet application. I
guess the question being that if we provided a better API to provide better
information about the real vs proxy IPs/ports, should it include support
for this protocol?

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com