jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Re: Initial draft of Upgrade Proposal

From: Remy Maucherat <rmaucher_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:10:21 +0200

On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 09:39 +1100, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> However, my major concern is still that we give the container an
> opportunity to provide it's own protocol implementation rather than
> the applications. So something like the protocol provider discovery
> mechanism is a priority for me.

Yes, I agree, builtin support is far more important. Application level
implementation would likely be more complex and less efficient.

I am possibly ok with adding application level protocols, but so far
Greg convinced me this was useless. All we really need to do is
something to tell the container to handoff to another builtin protocol
(so, websockets).

On a side note, we could take the separate protocol out of the equation,
as this could also be nice to do HTTP proxying, for example to be able
to tell the container to proxy a connection to another HTTP server. So
this could be a generic handoff mechanism.

--
Remy Maucherat <rmaucher_at_redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc