jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Re: Initial draft of Upgrade Proposal

From: Alex Rojkov <alex_at_caucho.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:27:03 -0700

> Hi All,

I believe that this API is premature because we don't have requirements from the group that will be designing WebSocket API. So this API is built on assumption that the future WebSocket EG will think of the WebSocket API the same way we do. I think possibly it's best to design this part of the API at the same time as WebSocket API is designed.

The API could be put off till then with no consequences, because it does provide a solution to a concrete problem. I.e. I don't know of anyone who is interested in having this extension mechanism. On the other hand, there are many people interested in WebSockets. Thus I believe putting it off till next JEE is a good idea.

alex