users@jta-spec.java.net

[jta-spec users] Re: latest/final rev of JTA 1.2 spec and Javadoc

From: Ian Robinson <ian_robinson_at_uk.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:06:12 +0000

Paul. I noticed an inconsistency between the PDF and the Javadoc for
@Transactional.
The Javadoc states:
If an attempt is made to call any method of the UserTransaction interface
from within the scope of a bean or method annotated with @Transactional
and a Transactional.TxType other than NOT_SUPPORTED or NEVER, an
IllegalStateException must be thrown.

The PDF states:
If an attempt is made to call any method of the UserTransaction interface
from within a bean or method annotated with @Transactional and a
Transactional.TxType other than NOT_SUPPORTED or NEVER, an
IllegalStateException must be thrown.

I think the Javadoc version better conveys the intention and so the PDF is
the one I'd recommend changing to become consistent.

I also found an occurence in the where an @Transactional annotation had
mistakenly got a "mailto:Transactional.If" hyperlink associated with it.

I noticed that the pseudo-code on P8 has regressed - you fixed it in an
earlier draft:

public void updateData() {
// Obtain the default initial JNDI context.
Context context = new InitialContext();
// Look up the UserTransaction object.
UserTransaction userTransaction = (UserTransaction)
context.lookup("java:comp/UserTransaction");
// Start a transaction.
userTransaction.begin();
// ...
// Perform transactional operations on data
// Commit the transaction.
tx.commit();

Regards,
Ian