dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: gzip encoding

From: Ryan McDonough <ryan_at_damnhandy.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:19:22 -0400

Is an @GZip annotation too specific though? The HTTP spec defines more than
one encoding token, with GZip only being one such value. It might be useful
to define a @ContentEncoding annotation that takes an array of possible
string values. For example:

@Path
@ContentEncoding({"gzip","deflate", "compress'})
public class Foo {...

The implmentation would then determine the proper encoding method based on
the Accept-Encoding header.

Ryan-