dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: JAX-RS and EJB

From: Joel Smith <sjoel_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:19:18 -0600

Does this mean that the EJB and EE spec leads will be making updates in
the appropriate specs to support this solution?

I was also wondering about the scope of this solution, will there be
efforts to update traditional web services i.e. JAX.WS with this solution
as well?

Thanks,
Joel Smith

Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Sent by: Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM
12/08/2008 03:01 PM
Please respond to
dev_at_jsr311.dev.java.net

dev_at_jsr311.dev.java.net
cc

Subject
Re: JSR311: JAX-RS and EJB

On Dec 8, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Joel Smith wrote:

> Why is metadata being defined to provide for a JNDI name which will
> be used to bind the JAX-RS/EJB instance?

To solve problem (i) described below. Basically a JAX-RS runtime needs
a portable way to get an instance to dispatch requests to.

Marc.