dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: Issue 18: XML Descriptor

From: Stephan Koops <Stephan.Koops_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 11:04:58 +0200

Hi,
> Not necessarily, I'm more concerned with ease of development. Usually,
> a RESTful application consists of a set of resources (or resource
> "types" for want of a better word) – being able to view and change the
> whole outside view in one place is what I'm after.
IMO it is easy, if I - as application developer - put my @Path or
whatever annotations directly on the resource class and I'm not required
to also syncronize the classes with an additional XML file. IMO the
additional file doesn't make it easier.

One point why I like JAX-RS is, that you don't need to specify a lot of
XML files as e.g. for Servlet 2.x or Struts.

best regards
   Stephan