dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: _at_*Param and List<?>

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:10:33 +0100

Stephan Koops wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> Dups doesn't matter. It's generally not defined for a Collection (see
> javadoc of Collection).

I know, that is the problem :-) what if one runtime chooses to use
HashSet as the underlying implementation for Collection and another
chooses to use ArrayList?

If we allow Collection we have to specify the policy on dups otherwise
it can cause interop issues where information is present when using one
runtime but potentially not when using another the other.

Paul.