dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: _at_Target of FIELD for _at_*Param annotations

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:05:30 -0400

Marc Hadley wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Bill Burke wrote:
>>>>
>>> That's hardly fair, nothing is stopping you innovating.
>>
>> Sure it is. I want to use @*PARAM on fields, for resource classes,
>> MessageBodyReader/Writers, and mapping POJO parameters. Now, because
>> you're refusing to change the @Target, I either have to scrap it, or
>> have a parallel *exact* annotation hierarchy.
>>
> Your innovation is a more powerful set of annotations, I'm not stopping
> you defining such a set.

Ugh....I want to *re-use* JAX-RS annotations to provide a more powerful
set of features. Who knows what else people will come up with with
field @*Param injection? The point it, not to restrict them. I've
already give a bunch of use cases for this, so I just don't know how
else to convince you...

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat