dev@jsr311.java.net

API uses Sun classes

From: Felix Meschberger <Felix.Meschberger_at_day.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:06:34 +0200

Hi all,

Being distracted from this JSR for way too long, I only just now really
started looking at it. While playing around, I stumbled upon two places
using Sun classes:

* ApiMessages uses com.sun.localization.*
* ProviderFactory uses sun.misc.Service

I always understood, that sun.* (and presumably com.sun.*) packages are
private to the Sun Java implementation and thus should not be used [1].
I am somewhat weary of this when thinking of using the API in a non-Sun
VM or in an environment such as an OSGi framework, which possibly does
not provides these packages.

Is there any chance, that these references may be removed ? Should I
post an issue ?

Thanks and Regards
Felix

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/faq/faq-sun-packages.html