dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: URI Escaping and Unescaping

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:18:29 +0200

Hi,

I think this kind of proves that the URI template internet draft needs
to be finished, and then, the relation between JSR-311's templates and
the ones described by the IETF spec needs to be clarified.

Right now,
<http://bitworking.org/projects/URI-Templates/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-00.html>
seems to speak about URIs, nothing else. So you can't have an unescaped
blank space, nor non-ASCII characters. It seems to me that this is what
the current RI should implement.

Which also means that unescaping of templated values needs to be done in
a separate step. That may be a bit ugly, but I really prefer that in
comparison to messing around with the template format.

Best regards, Julian

(*) we could use IRI templates, instead of URI templates, but then we'll
still have to take care of characters not allowed in IRIs, such as SP,