dev@jsr311.java.net

RE: Consume/Produce and Input/Output

From: Jerome Louvel <jerome.louvel_at_noelios.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 16:41:46 +0200

Hi Paul,

I think that the answer to those questions is unique. If people prefer some
more precise terms, here are some alternatives to Input/Output:
 - InputEntity / OutputEntity
 - InputContent / OutputContent
 - RequestEntity / ResponseEntity
 - RequestContent / ResponseContent

Now, ConsumeContent/ProduceContent are nice names too, but they have a
disadvantage: they can't be used as parameter annotations because it
wouldn't make sense:

public void put(@ConsumeContent String value){
}

while @Input (or similar alternatives) is more flexible and can annotate
either the class, the method or the parameter:

public void put(@Input String value){
}

Best regards,
Jerome