jsr367-experts@jsonb-spec.java.net

[jsr367-experts] Fwd: Re: [jsonb-spec users] Java polymorphism support

From: Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau_at_tomitribe.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 22:52:41 +0100

Hi guys

Why not allowing adapters to wrap and unwrap instances but keep serializer
mecanism. For serialization no issue but for deserialization we need to
switch the deserialized type and then post process the instance - or do it
automatically with an Unwrappable interface?

Overall idea for this particular use case would be:

X ----TypedWrapper(X)----> JSON
JSON----TypedWrapper.class----> TypedWrapped ----unwrap----> X

Parts in arrows are adapter/jsonb integration.

An alternative is to provide to adapters the stream and jsonp instances to
do it themself with probably a mapper reference to re(de)serialise an
object directly.

Wdyt?