users@jsf-extensions.java.net

Re: Problems with DynaFaces.fireAjaxTransaction

From: Scott <jackett_dad_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 05:43:31 -0700 (PDT)

Roger, If that's what it is going to take to resolve this, it might take me a few days to put together. This is serious enough to warrant the effort. Right now my application comes bundled with the Girl, the Gold Watch and Everything ( old movie, sorry, dating myself here ). I would have to transfer all the applicable resources to a separate project and try to reproduce it on a micro scale. I will try to do this and get back to you. And thanks! Scott ----- Original Message ---- From: Roger Kitain <Roger.Kitain_at_Sun.COM> To: jackett_dad_at_yahoo.com Cc: users_at_jsf-extensions.dev.java.net; ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM> Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 8:38:08 AM Subject: Re: Problems with DynaFaces.fireAjaxTransaction Hi Scott - Any chance you can provide a war (contianig jsp's, beans, etc..) for your application (if it's not too big)? Thanks, Roger. Scott wrote: > I've been quite successful in creating a JSF application (1.2) using > the jsf extensions to dynamically call and render portions of my jsf > pages. > > So far so good. > > But I am having trouble on one of my pages. My navigation bar works > just as it should, bringing me to various places in my application. > Each link refreshes the entire page. > > I have narrowed my issue to the moment after I fire a dynamic ajax > transaction, that thereafter, my navigation renders a only a portion > of the page I am leaving from. The page renders a Dojo notebook, and > the DynaFaces transaction updates a portion of the notebook page. > When I try to navigate away from the whole page althogether, instead > of going away, the JSF servlet returns the notebook page as the whole > page without the surrounding notebook, and the page elements > surrounding the notebook. Something in the DynaFaces request has > caused the servlet to go into a partial state. > > This is an example of a control that causes this problem. I have two > other examples from other tab panes that cause the exact same problem > to occur, but this is just one: > > <h:selectOneListbox id="groupListBox" > value="#{groupsBean.selectedGroup}" > style="width:275px;height:309px" > valueChangeListener="#{groupsBean.groupSelected}" > onchange="DynaFaces.fireAjaxTransaction(this, { > execute: 'groupListBox', > render: 'selectedGroupName', > immediate: true}); return false;" > <f:selectItems value="#{groupsBean.groupItems}" /> > </h:selectOneListbox> > > This is calling a ValueChangeListener in the groupsBean, then > rendering a portion of the page in response. It works too, only that > after calling this once, my navigation is ruined. > > This even has its own form. The form I'm posting with for navigation > is a different one, but I feel that this call must be affecting what > is posted and how by the other form. I've looked at the http headers > when navigation works and after the DynaFaces call when it no longer > works. I can't see any difference. > > This is a pretty major bug ( in my code I'm assuming, of course ). > > Thanks in advance for any help you can give, > > Scott --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe_at_jsf-extensions.dev.java.net For additional commands, e-mail: users-help_at_jsf-extensions.dev.java.net