users@jsf-extensions.java.net

Re: Adding dynamic content

From: Scott <jackett_dad_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:47:16 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Roger. I took a quick look and decided it will take a little longer than that! Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know how it turns out. Scott ----- Original Message ---- From: Roger Kitain <Roger.Kitain@Sun.COM> To: users@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:40:33 PM Subject: Re: Adding dynamic content Hello Scott - Take a look at the stock-faces example under jsf-extensions samples dir. Alternatively you can look at: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/rogerk/archive/2007/07/back_to_basics.html -roger Scott wrote: > Does anyone know of an easy way to create dynamic fields on a JSF page > based on the selection of a combo box? My combo box has constraint > types listed in it, one of them being a range. For instance, the user > can specify that an integer value must be between a minimum and > maximum value. When this constraint is selected, I want to create a > min and a max field as inputs and dynamically create them on the > page. I want to be able to have these fields be h:inputText fields. > > Any ideas? For now, unless there is a cooler way, I am going to try > creating all the different constraint edits within div tags and simply > disable the fields and hide the divs. Then with an onchange event on > the selection I can bring the appropriate field to the forefront. > > Thanks, > > Scott --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net