users@jsf-extensions.java.net

Adding dynamic content

From: Scott <jackett_dad_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know of an easy way to create dynamic fields on a JSF page based on the selection of a combo box? My combo box has constraint types listed in it, one of them being a range. For instance, the user can specify that an integer value must be between a minimum and maximum value. When this constraint is selected, I want to create a min and a max field as inputs and dynamically create them on the page. I want to be able to have these fields be h:inputText fields. Any ideas? For now, unless there is a cooler way, I am going to try creating all the different constraint edits within div tags and simply disable the fields and hide the divs. Then with an onchange event on the selection I can bring the appropriate field to the forefront. Thanks, Scott