users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: modifying fields of a removed instance

From: Christian von Kutzleben <cvkutzleben_at_versant.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 08:58:04 +0200

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply! That was also our interpretation. We assumed, that
this particular case should be explicitly
disallowed in the spec, if the intention was, that this is not supported.
So we do support this.

Christian

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Steve Ebersole <steve.ebersole_at_redhat.com>wrote:

> Well, more correctly... the spec is silent on the matter. It does not say
> it is allowed, nor does it say it is disallowed.
>

> On Tue 02 Apr 2013 01:00:54 PM CDT, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> Correct. That is allowed.
>>
>> On Tue 02 Apr 2013 10:42:30 AM CDT, Christian von Kutzleben wrote:
>>
>>> Dear group,
>>>
>>> Am I right in the assumption, that reading or writing
>>> fields/properties of a removed
>>> entity (prior to commit) is allowed?
>>>
>>> I.e. the following sequence is valid:
>>>
>>> em.remove(o);
>>> o.setMyField(42);

--
Christian von Kutzleben
Chief Engineer | Versant GmbH
(T) +49 40 60990-0
(F) +49 40 60990-113
(E) cvkutzleben_at_versant.com <cromberg_at_versant.com>
www.versant.com | www.db4o.com