users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] Re: Integration with CDI

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:51:38 -0700

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the feedback. I do apologize for having let your previous email
sent to me lapse. Unfortunately it got buried hundreds of emails deep in my
inbox.

Actually, one of the things I have been discussing behind the scenes is
how we might support CDI injection into entity listeners. In the meantime,
if you or Adam have a concrete proposal that you would like to make,
that is of course welcome. As you may have noticed, however, the group
as a whole is not currently supportive of injection into JPA entities.
If that changes, it could also be considered further.

With regard to the datasource mapping item you mention (as well as the
GlassFish issue you filed) -- that has triggered some interesting
internal discussion here. We think your point is valid, and I will add
this item to the queue for consideration for JPA 2.1.

regards,

-Linda