jsr338-experts@jpa-spec.java.net

[jsr338-experts] minor bug in spec

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:50:33 -0700

When I was reviewing the spec last night, I noticed the following problem.

The restriction against propagating persistence contexts of type
SynchronizationType.UNSYNCHRONIZED into PCs of type SYNCHRONIZED
currently states:

"If there is a persistence context of type SynchronizationType.UNSYNCHRONIZED
associated with the JTA transaction and the target component specifies
a persistence context of type SynchronizationType.SYNCHRONIZED, an
EJBException is thrown by the container."

This is inappropriate, since the components involved may not be EJBs.

I plan to change it to state that the IllegalStateException is thrown.

-Linda