users@jmsjca.java.net

RE: how to specify multiple ConnectionURLs?

From: <coccic75386_at_mypacks.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:57:18 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for being encouraging, Frank. I'm a bit new to all this so it's hard to ask questions knowing I might look ignorant. I was asked to help out for a few days on this project and don't know the background of the design/architecture/technology.

>If JBoss JMS allows you to use JNDI, you can easily use the JMSJCA's JNDI
>provider. You can specify a properties set in the configuration; this
>properties set will be passed directly to the new InitialContext() creation.

Great! Uhm, where do I specify the JNDI provider? I currently do it in the Glassfish web admin console when I deploy JMSJCA as a Connector Module. There is a single field called ConnectionURL that I fill in with value "jnp://jbossIpAddr:1099".

Is there an alternative way to specify the JNDI provider URL(s) that can handle two comma-delimited URLs, such as "jnp://jboss2:1099,jnp://jboss2:1099"?

>I'm not sure in what environment you're running, so I can not give you any
>more direct advice.

I have a message-driven bean (MDB) running on Glassfish to receive messages from a JMS provider on JBoss. I'm using JMSJCA on Glassfish to connect to JBoss. This works fine with a single Connection URL.

Thanks!

Ted