users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] JavaOne San Francisco 2015

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 16:30:05 +0100

JavaOne San Francisco is from October 25-29 2015.

I'll be giving a presentation "What’s Coming in JMS 2.1" [CON3942]
Monday, Oct 26, 4:00 p.m. | Parc 55—Cyril Magnin II/III

"JMS 2.1, the next version of this popular messaging API, will be released as part of Java EE 8. Come hear how it will
continue the ease-of-use improvements started in JMS 2.0 by providing a more flexible way of defining MDBs and even
closer integration with CDI, and get a first peek at some of the other improvements proposed. There will be an
opportunity to make comments and contribute to the development of these new features. This session also reviews the new
features of JMS 2.0, which is now supported by the latest versions of many app servers and messaging providers."

I'll also be leading a BOF discussion later that evening "The JMS BOF" [BOF4085]
Monday, Oct 26, 9:00 p.m. | Parc 55—Cyril Magnin II/III

"Work is now under way to define JMS 2.1, the next version of the Java API for enterprise messaging. This BOF session,
led by the specification lead, is an informal discussion of the proposed changes and an opportunity to suggest
additional changes and new features as well as to discuss how JMS 2.0 went."

If you're attending JavaOne I hope you can join me (especially expert group members, though everyone is welcome). I'm
intending the BOF to be a discussion rather than a presentation. In fact I hope the main session can be something of a
discussion as well, given that we still have plenty of work left to define what's in JMS 2.1.

In addition I'll also be on the Java EE booth in the exhibition hall in the Hilton, and would be happy to chat with
anyone about the JMS spec there. I'll circulate the times I'll be there nearer the time.

Nigel