users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr368-experts] Re: Re: [jsr343-experts] Re: JMS_SPEC-89: Standard API to create and configure a ConnectionFactory

From: Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:51:39 -0400

I meant something instantiating it...

but really I'm just proposing to do whatever javax.sql is doing. I
remember you would get an instance of the driver and you would call
the method on that instance.

So you would need an empty constructor.

The advantage I see is for people writing generic tools. It's actually
the role of the guy who asked me about this.. he's writing tooling to
configure ConnectionFactories for external VMs on a generic faction.
having this standardized would help those kind of tools

--
Clebert Suconic
http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@jboss.com