users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: Late change: A.3.2 Meaning of noLocal with shared topic subscriptions

From: John Archbold <jarchbol_at_tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:01:47 -0800

Hi Nigel,

Given that the intended use of noLocal was for a client that wanted to
broadcast messages on a topic and listen for other broadcasts on that
topic without hearing its own messages (e.g. a simple group chat model),
I vote for option 3, to drop the use of noLocal from shared subscribers.
  I don't see an useful intersection between the two.

Thanks,
John