users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-65) Clarify use of NoLocal arg when using createDurableSubscriber

From: Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:46:14 -0500

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>wrote:

> Clebert,
>

> On 30/05/2012 18:38, Clebert Suconic wrote:
>

>> I suggest this argument still an optional implementation. Since its
>> dubious definition we simply don't implement that way.
>>

> On all the JMS implementation I have seen here, A message produced by a
>> producer on the same connection will be consumed
>> by the subscription as long as the message was sent through the server's
>> side.
>>

> I don't understand. What does "as long as the message was sent through the
> server's side" mean?

I meant as long as the message was received on the server and then
delivered to clients.

> I would be fine as long as you don't enforce this behaviour, since this
>> will affect existing semantic implementations.
>>

> Before we go any further, can you explain in detail how the products you
> know interpret "noLocal" for durable subscriptions? I give a number of use
> cases at http://java.net/jira/browse/**JMS_SPEC-65#action_339660<http://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-65#action_339660>- what happens in these three cases?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nigel

The first example will receive a message since the subscription was created
prior to the send of message.

the second won't receive as the subscription was created after the message
was sent

Same with third a message is not received since the message was sent prior
to the subscription creation.