users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: JMS 2.0 Early Draft ready for final review

From: Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternational_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:10:41 +0000

http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/sources/repository/content/jms2.0/specification/word/JMS20.pdf

> [... more ...]

Excellent, I'll give all of those a look...

Firstly, apologies for my silence on the list, things have been busy at
work. As Nigel mentioned a couple of weks ago, I recently joined the
expert group, and am looking forward to participating, and the early
draft seems like a good place to start.

A bit about me - I work for a company called Cloudsoft, we produce two
interesting products:

Monterey is a middleware solution for mobile Actors in the cloud,
mediated via JMS (implemented using Qpid AMQP 0-10, currently) brokers.
This requires high throughput, low latency and the ability to be very
sure of the disposition of messages that are being sent, i.e. has the
entire byte buffer reached the JMS driver/the TCP driver/the broker yet,
as well as needing to occasionally delve into AMQP itself to do things
that aren't (yet) possible in JMS.

We are also developing Brooklyn, which is more of a PaaS tool for
rolling out services, some of which would be JMS brokers, or JEE servers
with embedded brokers, and JMS discovery would come in useful for us here.

We are also interested in CDI integration for out products and many of
the JMS 2.0 CDI hooks look like they could be useful, and will require
further investigation.

As well as that, I am a committer for the Apache Qpid project, which is
a Java based (and hence JMS API compliant) mesage broker. It uses AMQP
0-8 to 0-10 as the actual wire protocol with AMQP 1-0 in the works, so
looking at any commonalities between AMQP 1-0 and JMS 2.0 would be very
interesting to me.

So, good to be here, and I hope I can make myself useful!

Cheers,
Andrew.
--
-- andrew kennedy ? +44 7584 719 571 : http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ;