jsr368-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr368-experts] Re: [jms-spec users] Re: Re: Re: JMS 2.0 errata: final request for comments

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 17:48:15 +0000

On 05/01/2015 13:55, Nigel Deakin wrote:
> On 05/01/2015 12:47, Matthew White wrote:
>> Hello; Sorry that was a very badly worded question!
> >
>> I was thinking about the jms2 version of the jms.jar - for us to be able to us it it needs to come via a Partner
>> agreement site.
>
> I presume you're referring to the version of the JMS 2.0 API jar which contains the fix to
> https://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-161 (serialVersionUID of JMSException has changed from JMS 1.1 to JMS 2.0)
>
> I'll check that and let you know.

When the JMS 2.0 errata is approved by the EC we're planning to release an updated RI (including a JMS API jar) through
the formal channel to JMS licensees. This will contain the above fix to the exception classes as well as all the
corrections to the javadocs.

This will be in addition to the various public channels by which these are released (e.g. the API jar will be released
to Maven Central - there's a release candidate there now).

Nigel