users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Jersey not initialized when using a customized server.xml for SSL encryption

From: tmp <le_tmp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:37:34 -0800 (PST)

hello!

I have set up a simple webservice with jersey.

I use the tomcat-maven-plugin to deploy it.
Here is a snippet from my pom.xml: http://pastebin.com/nSU9X645

At this point everything works great. I can reach the webapp via
localhost:8080/mySimpleWebApp

Now I want to use SSL for some URI's. For that I defined a
user-data-constraint in my web.xml and the transport-guarantee CONFIDENTIAL

The next step was to define connectors in an own server.xml:
http://pastebin.com/2UmPNQRw
(line 8 in my pom.xml tells the webapp to use this server.xml).

But now I cannot reach the webapp.
Here is the terminal-ouput without the own server.xml:
http://pastebin.com/fTEZXw8j
As you can see jersey is initialized.

And here with the new server.xml: http://pastebin.com/JXYmUnfB

Now jersey isnt initialized.

Can you give me a hint what I am doing wrong?
Thanks alot!