users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] ability to add CORS to the WADL generation

From: Brian Repko <brian.repko_at_learnthinkcode.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:50:50 -0500

Jersey folks:

We have a number of Jersey-implemented services (currently on
1.8)
We use custom WADL generators to add meta-data about the service
to the <doc> tags in the WADL.
We now have a UI that is using AJAX to get the WADLs and parse
them for that meta-data (environment, version, build-date, etc.).
However, the WADL generation doesn't support CORS and I can't see
anyway to configure it in there.

I can see where RootResourceUriRules (initWadlResource method)
will add the WadlResource to the WebApplicationImpl.
But that is a hard-coded class (so I can't wrap it or subclass
it).
And WadlResource has no hooks into it modify the Response before
being returned.

I need to add the CORS headers (and potentially read the Origin
header) - any clues on how to configure that?
Does this fit in with the upcoming work to redesign how OPTIONS
works in order to do CORS - better ways to call into / extend the
magic behavior?

Thanks,
Brian
---
Brian Repko
LearnThinkCode, Inc.
http://www.learnthinkcode.com
email: brian.repko_at_learnthinkcode.com
phone: +1 612 229 6779