users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] want to learn to when/how to use JAXBXmlAdapter, GenericEntity, GenericType

From: emiddio-frontier <emiddio_at_frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 10:52:20 -0700

been fumbling around -- want to learn, understand how i can use jersey/jax-rs with List<...> and Map<...>, etc.

would like to be able to return from a jax-rs service the following:

List<String>,or List<MyDefinedType>, or Map<String,MyDefinedType>, etc.

AND --want to know how i can use the jersey client api to receive such objects.

my trial n error learning/experimenting has resulting in me being able to make use of GenericEntity in the service to return a List<MyType> -- but have not discovered how to access the returned stuff within the client -- other than with ClientResponse --but then how to convert it to a List<MyType>.

Dont know if i am on the right path or just fumbling around.

Any tutorials, or examples that can enlighten me on how to accomplish my goals the "right" way ?

thanks

Gary