users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: want to learn to when/how to use JAXBXmlAdapter, GenericEntity, GenericType

From: Jakub Podlesak <jakub.podlesak_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:18:49 +0200

Hi Gary,

GenericEntity you mention does not need to be used on the server side,
where things should be working just fine:

@GET
@Produces("application/xml")
public List<YourJAXBBean> getMethod() { return listOfYourJAXBBeans; }

On the client side, however, to consume the returned entity,
you need to use GenericType as follows:

List<YourJAXBBean> result =
webResource.accept("application/xml").get(new
GenericType<List<YourJAXBBean>>() {});

The above comes from top of my head and i have not tested it, but you should
get an idea on how things should be working.
Also application/xml media type and a list of JAXB beans
is used there as this combination gets supported out of the box with Jersey.
You might want to implement your own message body workers in addition
if other media type support is needed and missing.

HTH,

~Jakub