users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey for Java 1.5

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:12:02 +0200

Hello Ryan,

Jersey 1.3+ requires JDK 1.6, older versions are compilable and runnable
on JDK 1.5.

You could be able to compile some parts of jersey with 1.6, but you
would need to do minor changes in dependencies - currently
jersey-servlet depends on api jar which was compiled with 1.6, so you
would need to replace it with something.

Jersey source code is available and I think it's clearly visible from
projects main page http://jersey.java.net, click on "Developing Jersey"
and "Subversion Repository". Or just execute this:

svn co https://svn.java.net/svn/jersey~svn/trunk/jersey

or

svn co https://svn.java.net/svn/jersey~svn/tags/jersey-<version>/jersey

for stable version.