users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Get the IP addr associated with cinoming request

From: Pavel Bucek <pavel.bucek_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:32:27 +0200

Hi Arthur,

you can't get senders MAC address, it is not even present in incoming
packet/datagram. All you can get is MAC address of last switch/router on
the way and the MAC of interface on app server side, which is kind of
useless for you I guess (seems like you want to use this info as an ID).

ONLY way how to do this is include this info in the request send by clients.

Pavel