users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Jersey and EJBs

From: raid3n <andrea.deruvo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 07:36:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm very new with the JEE architecture. I have created a rest server project
with jersey + jpa (not ejbs). Now I want realize a new rest client project
that access the resources of the first project.

So my first idea was to create the same jpa entities on the rest client, get
the xml and marshall/unmarshall it with the jpa entities with jaxb.

But I was reading the JEE 6 tutorial about EJBs. So if I understood the
pattern, it's possible to create EJBs entities and access them everywhere
with the remote interface. So, my idea is to create the rest server project
with Jersey + EJBs + JPA (the ejbs manage the jpa) and the rest client
project with only Jersey client libraries access the EJBs on the rest server
project.

My questions are: Is right to do so? Is possible that jersey returns a ejb?
If yes, is there a jersey example that helps me to realize it? I use
glassfish 3.1.

Excuse my english.