users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] SAX Feature error in Jersey 1.1.4.1

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:49:45 -0800

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Phil Griffin <phil.griffin_at_oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> Thanks for the reply. It's a little hard to confirm what version the SAX
> parser is...looks like it could be Xerces 2.8.1?
> Is it likely the change in behavior occurred between Jersey 1.0.2 and
> 1.1.4.1? If so, what version of Xerces would be compatible?

From original message:

"WebLogicSAXParser cannot be created.SAX feature"

so it would seem to be something Weblogic container provides? It could
of course just be a wrapper over Xerces.

For what it's worth, googling turned up this page:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13222_01/wls/docs90/javadocs/weblogic/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser.html
which suggests that it is indeed a wrapped version of Xerces. But also
apparently deprecated.

Xerces SAX features doc page: http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/features.html
does not indicate any version for this feature, unlike for most
others. I think this feature was among earlier ones added (like 2.7.0
or so), but I could be wrong.

-+ Tatu +-