users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] JAX-RS == REST? Or not? (was Re: [Jersey] What HATEOAS actually means)

From: Markus Karg <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:27:25 +0100

I don't understand your problem with the existing phrases. The target of
JAX-RS is to provide a Java API for REST. Not for anyhting else. And REST is
about HATEOAS. And the proposal contains *parts* that will fulfill that, and
*parts* that are not. So we shouldn't change the phrasing of what the target
of JAX-RS is, but just drop the non-HATEOAS parts in favour of the
HATEOAS-valid parts. Don't you agree?