users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Help with creating an OAuth Service Provider using Jersey OAuth Api

From: Hubert Le Van Gong <Hubert.Levangong_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 18:42:36 +0200

Right. In other words the Jersey support for OAuth SP-side is only for
the signature part. You'd have to implement the protocol itself, which
as you noted we have done in the context of OpenSSO.
As Paul mentioned, looking at the OAuth Token Service code in
the OpenSSO extension will illustrate how you can leverage the
Jersey API.

Thanks,
Hubert

On Oct 23, 2009, at 6:01 PM, Paul C. Bryan wrote:

> I've replied on the blog entry.
>
> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 17:49 +0200, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>> Hi Suneel,
>>
>> I am CC'ing Hubert and Paul who implemented the OAuth functionality.
>>

>> On Oct 23, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Suneel Marthi wrote:
>>
>>> Hubert/Paul,
>>>
>>> I am presently working on a prototype that needs to implement OAuth
>>> to secure RESTful Services.
>>>
>>> I need to implement both a Service Consumer (the example you have
>>> provided here) and Service Provider.
>>> Looking at the Jersey OAuth extension, seems like it only supports
>>> the Client APi (for the Consumer) and the
>>> all that the Server API does is to verify the signatures on the
>>> server side.
>>>
>>> I did look at the OpenSSO extensions for OAuth, but using OpenSSO
>>> but I don't want to use OpenSSO on my project as it would
>>> be one additional piece that needs to be managed.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to implement a Custopm Oauth Service Provider using
>>> the present Jersy Oauth APIs?
>>> If so, I would appreciate if I could see some examples as to how it
>>> can be done.
>>>

>> I do not know. I defer to Hubert and Paul to advise on what could be
>> done.
>>
>> Paul.

Hubert A. Le Van Gong
Identity Architect