users@jersey.java.net

hateoas - draft #1

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:51:55 +0200

I started to redesign my service towards HATEOAS. The goal is to allow
a robot to navigate through the application without previous knowledge
of the mapping between the URIs and the states of the application. Not
easy, but I will try...

So, please check these links and tell me if I am going in the right direction:

------- Loads all institutions:
http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/arena-http/institution

* notice the "next" link inside the response
* ok, perhaps here I need to inform the supported types of
institutions (sponsors, owners, schools, etc.) in the OPTIONS method..

------- Loads only the competition of type "competition owner":
http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/arena-http/institution?role=PUJ_OWNER

* it is an example, this link is embedded in the previous link...

------- Loads the competitions by "institution owner":
http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/arena-http/competition?institution=CEJUG

* it is an example, this link is embedded in the previous link...

--------

I am also including only a relative path, instead of a complete URI..
perhaps it is enough for an alpha release..

* of course there are much more coming up, but if you can bring me
some thoughts about the above sample URI, I can avoid to spread
mistakes all over the new coming code :)
* the goal is to makes it the most HATEOAS compatible as possible :)

it remains in the proof of concept phase ... and now using EclipseLink
and Java EE 6 on Glassfish V3 :)

thanks for your contribution,

    Felipe Gaścho